Housing and Ancillary Services support Queen’s University’s international community of lifelong learners and accomplished leaders. Internal partners who invest in campus services, experiences, and products rather than taking university business off-campus are investing in vital student programming, enhancing the overall student, faculty, and staff experience.
Housing and Ancillary Services (H&A) is a financially self-supporting department in Student Affairs that cultivates a broad spectrum of responsible and innovative services supporting the University’s strategic goals. Net operating revenue through the management of 18 residence buildings, three dining halls, numerous retail foodservice locations on campus, Event Services, Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre, and the off-campus rental apartment and housing properties contribute to upholding the outstanding reputation of excellence held by Queen’s.
Benefits of Keeping it on Campus
- Contribute to the University's learning environment and prosperity
- Reduce the University's carbon footprint using local products and services
- Support equitable employment and fair living wages for students, staff, and faculty
- Collaborate with campus partners who value and uphold the integrity of the Queen's Brand
- Save money on gratuities, taxes, and service fees to align with your internal budget
- Save time working with an experienced team proving a full range of event services