If you are electing to bring food from an off-campus provider, please note the following:
Event guidelines are for planning purposes only and are informed by guidance from public health and provincial regulations. All events must comply with the applicable public health requirements when the event is held.
It is the responsibility of the organizer and vendor to comply with all requirements of the Ontario Regulation 493/17: Food Premises as well as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.7
Forms must be completed for all events at which off campus food items are offered and within a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event date.
Advertising for the event may not occur until after approval has been granted.
Proof of insurance for any supplier(s) may be required
In accordance with the Liquor License Act (LLA) and in accordance to the Campus Alcohol Policy, Queen’s Hospitality Services is required to retain full control over the business conducted out of the licensed premises. This includes the purchase, sale and service of alcohol, as well as the collection of proceeds from the sale of alcohol. Queen’s Event Services is the point of contact for the licensing and provision of all bar services on campus.
Sustainability is a top priority of Queen's University. We encourage our guests to enjoy events on campus with as minimal waste as possible.
- Remember that Queen’s is a bottled-water free campus. Consider pitchers of water and glasses
- Understand what type of packaging your food will be provided in – and check with the sustainability office on the guidelines for optimum waste sorting collection
- Ensure the space you are using has adequate multi stream collection bins. Contact Client Services if you need additional containers or cleaning services. Check the Facilities website to ensure your items are recyclable/compostable. Direct your waste diversion questions to Facilities. Remind guests to bring reusable mugs and water bottles
- Review the sustainable procurement guide
- Choose a partner with Fair Trade Canada certified coffee and tea products.
- Get an accurate count for the number of guests you are feeding and finalize order size appropriately to prevent food waste
- Make your own arrangements in advance with Queen’s Soul Food, AMS Food Bank or Lionhearts to donate any leftover food
- Consider using china service instead of single-use packaging
Off-Campus Caterer Application Form (PDF 483KB)
BBQ Application Form (PDF 495KB)
Bake Sale Application Form (PDF 533KB)
Potluck Application Form (PDF 508KB)
Current events and meeting protocols are available here.