- Who: Undergraduate and graduate students
- Where: Germany
- When: Summer (August)
- How long: 4 weeks
- For academic credit? Yes
- GPA requirement: 1.6 cum GPA
- Application fee: No ($60 ILOP fee for successful applicants)
- Program fee: TBD for 2022
- Costs borne by student: Travel documentation, flights, accommodation, insurance
- Tuition: Payable to partner institution
- Financial assistance: TBD
- OSAP eligible: No
The Ontario/Baden-Württemberg (OBW) International Lake Constance Summer School, or Internationale Bodensee Hochschule (IBH), is a four-week summer program. It is hosted at the University of Konstanz in the Baden-Württemberg region of Germany. Students from around the world congregate to learn and discuss the cultures of German-speaking countries that surround Lake Constance. These include Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland. Along with intriguing classroom experiences, IBH promises engaging extracurricular activities and regional excursions.
There is no German-language prerequisite for successful participation in the IBH. Classes are taught at various levels, including beginner's. You must apply for an International Letter of Permission to transfer credit to your Queen's degree.
Application details and the application form can be found on the OBW IBH website. Students must submit the online application and then email the PDF copy + all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.