- Who: Undergraduate and graduate students
- Where: Germany
- When: Summer (August)
- How long: 4 weeks
- For academic credit? Yes
- GPA requirement: 1.6 cum GPA
- Application fee: No ($60 ILOP fee for successful applicants)
- Program fee: €480
- Costs borne by student: Travel documentation, flights, accommodation, insurance
- Tuition: Payable to partner institution
- Financial assistance: Connect with OBW office for options
- OSAP eligible: No
The Ontario/Baden-Württemberg (OBW) International Lake Constance Summer School, or Internationale Bodensee Hochschule (IBH), is a four-week summer program. It is hosted at the University of Konstanz in the Baden-Württemberg region of Germany. Students from around the world congregate to learn and discuss the cultures of German-speaking countries that surround Lake Constance. These include Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland. Along with intriguing classroom experiences, IBH promises engaging extracurricular activities and regional excursions.
There is no German-language prerequisite for successful participation in the IBH. Classes are taught at various levels, including beginners (A1 to B2.2.). You must apply for an International Letter of Permission to earn a 3.0 unit GRMN transfer credit.
Application details and the application form can be found on the OBW IBH website. Students must:
1) submit an application online via the OBW IBH website (no supporting documents) and then
2) email the confirmation PDF copy + all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.