Description of work:
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics at Queen’s University invites applications from qualified applicants for a teaching assistant (TA) position. The TA will support the writing and disaster analysis portion of MTHE 494, including an in-class inquiry of the 737 MAX 8 crashes. The TA will attend lectures and seminars, assist the writing coordinator in marking and discussions, help the students with deliverables, and communicate with students as necessary.
The TA will work with the MTHE 494 Academic Assistant and the MTHE Program Associate.
Start date: September 7, 2022
End date: November 30, 2022
Duration of work term: 12 weeks
Hours: 7 hours / week
Wage: $43.58 per hour (benefits and vacation included)
- Pursuing Master’s in History, English, Professional and/or Technical Writing, or equivalent.
- Experience working with official reports and primary source research preferred.
- A strong writing background (include publishing history and writing samples).
- Experience successfully facilitating group discussions.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Available for both online synchronous and asynchronous course support.
- Familiarity with both MAC and PC environments, significant experience in the MS Office Suite.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Sean Dougherty (email@example.com) by August 17, 2022.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen's is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please note, if you have not worked for Queen’s before, you will be required to complete online training in Health and Safety Awareness, and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities, for which you will be paid.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only the successful candidate(s) will be contacted