The purpose of the PCard is for the purchase of goods and/or services up to a single transaction of $10,000 CAD inclusive of taxes. When using a PCard, consideration must be given to the total contract value of the purchase and not the single invoice - for example, if the total contract value of the purchase of the goods or the engagement of service is greater than $10,000 CAD (before taxes), the Procurement Policy must be adhered to.
The PCard cannot be used for the purchase of the following restricted commodities:
- Environmental Health & Safety purchases
- Travel & Entertainment purchases
- CFI purchases
- Internal service providers (any supplier using Queen's internal chart of account numbers)
- Office furniture
- Long term (one year or more) rental or lease of equipment
- Automatic annual payment of subscriptions (manual payments are permissible when it has been confirmed funds are available)
- Materials requiring a government permit
- Personal purchases
- Gift certificates or gifts intended for employees may not be purchased from university accounts due to CRA Guidelines - please refer to Financial Services website
- Departmental food purchases from restaurants or fast food restaurants
For information on the PCard Policy and Procedures, please visit our Policies & Legislation page.
Applications are accepted via acQuire (access via the MyQueen'sU portal), under the Credit Card Forms on the acQuire main page.
Questions regarding the PCard program should be directed to the Business Services & Logistics team at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.