Whether for yourself or for your students, Queen’s University offers a variety of resources worth consulting. The Campus Supports for Students (PDF, 556KB) document includes descriptions and links to many of these supports that can be shared with students in your course.
- Mental Health and Wellness Resources and Support
- Writing Support at the Student Academic Success Services (SASS)
- Time Management
- Other Resources for Teaching and Learning
Below you will find a list of resources available across Queen's campus and in the Kingston community. Further, the Graduate English Society has compiled a list of mental health resources and training that you may find helpful. The list includes resources specific to mental health; assault/harassment; wellness/exercise/nutrition/recreation; writing groups; bereavement; and workshops and online training programs across Queen's.
- Mental Health and Resources - Student Wellness Services, Queen's University
- Safety and Security - Campus Life, Queen's University
- Student Wellness Services - Division of Student Affairs, Queen's University
- Mental Health Resources and Training - Queen's University Graduate English Society (GES)
SASS provides online resources on a variety of topics such as academic integrity, presentation skills, paragraph structure, grammar, and thesis statements. This link will take you to many helpful handouts to share with your students.
Here you can find information on the different types of appointments that SASS offers as well as how to book them: Academic skills appointments with a learning strategist (for questions around: time management, organization, motivation, exam writing skills, etc.); Writing consultants; Peer Writing Consultants (for 1st and 2nd year undergrads); EAL consultants.
The guides list resources and support specific to your discipline that are offered at SASS and across campus.
EAL writing guides can be found under the writing resources tab on the SASS website.
This section provides a variety of time management tools, including documents that you can print or download to organize and track your time, tasks, and priorities. You might consider sharing some of the documents with your students to help them plan for assignments and exams throughout the term.
- PSAC Hours Calculator - PSAC 901, Queen's University
- Resources on Effective Time Management at University - Simon Fraser University
- Academic Integrity - Institutional policies, resources and links to faculty units. Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)
- Academic Integrity, Resources - Information and resources that might be helpful to pass along to students in your course. Student Academic Success Services (SASS), Queen's University
- Faculty Toolkit for Experiential Learning - Experiential Learning (EL) Hub, Queen's University
Queen's University Library:
- Course Reserves (eReserves) Information for Faculty/Instructors - Queen's University Library
- Copyright and Teaching at Queen's - Queen's University Library