The School of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs is here to support graduate faculty and staff in offering excellent graduate education across campus.
One of faculty members' primary responsibilities is graduate supervision. The School of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs has valuable resources to support you and your graduate students in productive supervisory relationships. Guiding our supervision resources is our Senate approved Graduate Supervision Policy. To recognize excellence in graduate supervision at Queen's, the School of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs also presents the Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision each year.
Key supervision resources include:
- Graduate Supervision Handbook
- Foundations for Effective Supervision Course for faculty members
- Regular supervision workshops and retreats for faculty members
- Setting Expectations Guidebook
- Guide to Productive Supervisory Relationships
- Navigating Challenges - A Guide for Graduate Students
Access these and other resources on our supervision supports website.
Resources & Supports
The School of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs offers many additional resources to facilitate excellence in graduate education. Some of these resources include:
- Regular events scheduled for faculty, staff, and students
- A monthly newsletter to faculty, a weekly newsletter to graduate students, and a bi-weekly newsletter for postdoctoral fellows
- The Faculty and Staff portal, where you can find quick and easy access to forms, policy documents, academic regulations, information about funding and awards, toolkits and handbooks