- Internally-funded postdocs, and those fellows with their own non-transferable funding, are governed by the PSAC 901 collective agreement.
- Familiarize yourself with relevant Queen’s policies.
Professional & Academic Development
- The SGSPA offers Professional & Academic Development programs.
- Mitacs hosts workshops at Queen’s and online.
- Queen’s Centre for Teaching and Learning features modules on teaching skills and course design, among others.
- University Research Services provide resources on funding opportunities and research ethics.
- The Human Rights and Equity Office catalogue includes synchronous and asynchronous courses.
- Human Resources’ Learning Catalogue, including LinkedIn Learning, is available to Queen’s employees.
- The Office of Partnership and Innovations provides support for the commercialization of intellectual property (e.g., inventions) arising from University-generated research.
Health & Safety
- The Queen’s Family Health Team Pilot Project services are accessible to postdocs and their families.
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program provides a range of supports to Queen’s employees and their families, including career counselling, legal and financial advice, and more.
- Find information on child care as well as information on enrolling your child in school on the Queen's University International Centre website.
- The Department of Environmental Health and Safety offers information and training for a healthy and safe work environment.
- Campus Security can be reached at 613-533-6111 (36111 internal).
- Canadian Association of Postdoctoral Scholars (CAPS - ACSP)
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Development Network (GPDN)
- Research Matters - an initiative of the Council of Ontario Universities
- National Postdoctoral Association (USA)
- Postdoc Academy (USA) offers online and in-person professional development training