Providing training and support to the Queen’s community is a priority for Financial Services. Our team is committed to ensuring you receive the financial tools, resources, and continued support that will assist you in your role.
The Learning Catalogue below includes training from systems and processes to policies and procedures. This collection of online tutorials and training materials is an essential resource to you in your administrative role. New topics are being added on a regular basis, so be sure to visit here often!
Online training resources are reviewed and edited on a regular basis to ensure all content continues to be current and relevant. Occasionally a delay in publishing revised material will occur when new training resources are under development.
- Connecting You to People, Systems & Training
- Maintaining a Strong Environment - Part 1
- Maintaining a Strong Environment - Part 2
- The General Ledger and Why ChartFields Matter
- Timelines and Cutoffs
- What Feeds into PeopleSoft
Accounting Basics & Processes
- Accounting 101
- Accounts Receivable
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- Journal Entries - Part 1 Basics
- Journal Entries - Part 2 Research
- Journal Entries - Instructional Manual
- Revenue & Cost Recoveries
- Taxable vs. Non-taxable Payments
- Broader Public Sector (BPS) Rules & Policy
- Procurement Website & Preferred Supplier List
- Purchasing with Research Funds
- Queen's Credit Card Programs
- Shipping & Customs Clearance
- Sourcing Process, Obtaining Quotes & RFx's
Managing Specific Funds
- Research Budget Template
- Research Commitments
- Research Electronic Approvals of FDSR Site
- Research Overhead
- Research Projects
- Research Project Overspending
- University's Audited Financial Statements
- Journal Entries
To further strengthen our training methods, users who have completed the initial online training and who still need help or have additional questions, have the opportunity to meet with staff in Financial Services. Users are asked to first review all relevant online training resources and tutorials applicable to FAST and PeopleSoft GL Journal Entry made available above prior to requesting a training meeting.
To request a meeting or ask a question electronically, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn your Financial Services Certificate online!
“Financial Services Certificate Program”
What you do matters!
Learn how your activities fit into the broader university processes. Become familiar with important policies and procedures. Learn how and where you can get help when you need it.
This series of online instructional tutorials are designed to:
- Accommodate busy schedules
- Build financial skillset specific to the Queen's environment
- Create confidence in understanding core Financial activity
The goal of the program is to provide end-users and staff at different levels with a clearer understanding of the bigger picture at Queen's. With a strong emphasis on important policies and processes and the correct use of ChartFields, the program is designed to improve the quality, efficiency, and accuracy of the thousands of financial transactions processed by Queen's staff every day.
Work your way through the content at your own pace.
Questions? please contact email@example.com