Queen's University and the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). This MOU provides semester and full-year Chinese government scholarships.
- Program: Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Queen's University and the Consulate General in Toronto.
- Funding Organisation: China Scholarship Council (CSC). Administered via the Education Office of the Consulate General of the People's Republic in China (PRC) in Toronto.
- Number of Scholarships: 5 full-year or 10 single-term scholarships.
- Program Duration: Minimum of 1 semester to a maximum of 1 academic year.
- Benefits: Tuition (non-Queen's), accommodation, living expenses.
- Application and Eligibility: At the undergraduate level, applicants studying on an International Letter of Permission (i.e., not exchange). At the graduate level, no specific agreement is required. Applicants must have citizenship other than that of the PRC to apply for funding. Apply online through the Consulate General website, and select application Type A.
- If in doubt, please contact your Faculty International Office.
- Some faculties/schools may have their own eligibility criteria.
- Application Deadline: February 15th. Please note these deadlines may change - consult the Consulate General website for up-to-date information.
It is recommended that students arrive in China with ample start-up funds. CSC payment can in some instances take up to 3 weeks to be transferred to the student.