The Principal of Queen's University has invested in the General Research Ethics Board (GREB) the authority to review any proposed research involving human participants that is conducted under the auspices of Queen's University. GREB primarily has human ethics authority over humanities, social science, science, engineering, and administrative research involving humans.
Queen's Federalwide Assurance Number: FWA00004184. GREB IRB Number: IRB00003062.
- Ethics Compliance Application Forms (Descriptions)
- Quality Initiative Screening Tool Form (PDF 428 KB)
- GREB Standard Application Form Template – DO NOT SUBMIT (PDF 1 MB)
- GREB Reviewer Checklist - Standard Application form (WORD, 74 KB)
- GREB Instructor Course-Based Research Assignment Application Template – DO NOT SUBMIT (PDF 146 KB)
- GREB Secondary Use of Data Application Form – DO NOT SUBMIT (PDF 132 KB)
- GREB Self-Study Application Form – DO NOT SUBMIT (PDF 155 KB)
- Multiple Protocol Deviation Event Reporting Form (WORD 41 KB)
- Ethics Event Form Descriptions (PDF 416 KB)
- Confidentiality Agreement: Research Assistants/Transcribers (WORD 54 KB)
- Debriefing Letter Example (WORD 55 KB)
- Generic Confidentiality Agreement (WORD 55 KB)
- Microsoft Teams - Adding External Users (PDF 136 KB)
- Poster Example: Recruitment (WORD 43 KB)
- Research Services Policies and Forms
- Security Protocol: On-Campus After Regular Business Hours Form (WORD 47 KB)
- Social Media Guidelines
- Safeguarding Your Research
- Virtual Research Guidelines (WORD 55 KB)
- Guidelines for Differentiating among QA QI PE (PDF 791 KB)
- Confidentiality: Breaking Participant Confidentiality (PDF 499 KB)
- Duty to Report (PDF 438 KB)
- Incentives: Guidelines for Human Participant Research (PDF 98 KB)
- Instructors Conducting Research on Students: Ethical Considerations for Instructors Conducting Research on their Students (PDF 98 KB)
- On-line Survey Research and Fraudulent Compensation Claims (PDF 106 KB)
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Study Guidelines (WORD 48 KB)
- Qualtrics: Conducting Anonymous Surveys (PDF 277 KB)
- Qualtrics: How to Distribute Your Survey Anonymously (PDF 140 KB)
- Recruitment Poster: Guidelines (PDF 189 KB)
- Research Data Management at Queen's University (Queen's University Library)
- Secondary Use of Data Guidelines for Data Sets Initially Collected with an Associated Research Publicly Available Anonymous Data (PDF 160 KB)
- Security Protocol: On Campus: Conducting Human Participant Research After Regular Business Hours Policy (PDF 435 KB)
- Sex and Gender: Policy on Collecting Information About Sex and Gender at Queen's University (PDF 710 KB)
- Snowball Sampling: Recruitment Guidelines (PDF 131 KB)
- Tri-Agency: Open Access Policy on Publications
- Tri-Agency: Statement of Principles on Digital Data Management
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Guidelines (PDF 260 KB)
- Storing University Records
GENERAL RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD (GREB) RESEARCH COMPLAINT PROCESS
Talk to Us
If you have concerns regarding a research study conducted under the authority of the General Research Ethics Board (GREB); please contact the GREB Ethics Office.
Our Contact information
Your welfare is our concern. If you have any ethics concerns or complaints about a research study, please contact the GREB Ethics Office.
What We Will Do
• We will listen to you and address your concerns,
• We will respect your confidentiality,
• We will keep you informed about the progress of the review and its conclusion.
GREB has the authority to stop a research study until action has been taken to remedy the identified problem.
Please note: The Ethics Office is working remotely until further notice.