Hours of Operation
Call 613-533-2506 Monday to Friday from 9am-4pm to schedule an appointment.
Appointments Monday to Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm
Daytime appointments Monday to Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm
Evening appointments Monday to Thursday from 4:30-7:30pm (medical only)
Student Wellness Services is only able to provide services to registered students - not spouses, children or other dependents. Upon 3 months of graduating, students must seek out care in the community. Resources for people living in Kingston include local hospitals and walk-in clinics (for medical care), Addiction and Mental Health Services KFL&A (for mental health care), and KFL&A Public Health (for vaccines).
Self-Triage and Health Resource Map
- How to decide where to go: lists Queen’s and community medical options available to you and when you should use each one
- Health resource map: has the 4 medical options on a map of Kingston to help with wayfinding
Booked Medical & Mental Health Appointments
Appointments are held in the Côté Sharp Student Wellness Centre on the 1st floor (room 109) in Mitchell Hall, 69 Union St and are available remotely or in person.
We offer appointments with physicians, nurses, and counsellors. Referrals to more specialized care, such as psychiatry, occupational therapy, and dietetics are also available.
Find out more about our medical and mental health services.
- Complete the necessary registration forms we will send you by email which are required for your records
- Bring a list of your medications to your first appointment.
- Valid original Provincial/Territorial Health Care Card (no photocopies) or University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) card
- If we do not have your health card on file or if you do not bring it, you will have to pay for your visit
- More information on Health Insurance and Pricing for Uninsured Services
- Valid Queen’s Student Card
- Arrive 10 minutes early to check-in
- Build in time to go to class; appointments may run late
Call 613-533-2506 Monday to Friday during business hours to book a medical or mental health appointment.
- Wait times vary; students will be offered the next available appointment.
- Students will be asked to complete a pre-screening questionnaire to help ensure the safety of students and staff.
Mental Health Counselling Appointments
We have centralized and embedded counsellors within various departments and faculties.
- If you are with the faculties of Commerce or Engineering, you can use the online booking process.
- You can book with other embedded counsellors by calling 613-533-2506.
- If you are new to mental health counselling, ask to book an appointment and a planning specialist will meet with you to discuss your needs.
- If you are already connected to a counsellor, ask for them by name. Priority is to maintain your connection with that counsellor; however, if they are not available, you will be given the option of seeing someone else
Community Clinics, After-Hours Supports and Weekend Resources
To cancel an appointment, call 613-533-2506 to leave a message (24/7) or speak to reception.
If you miss your appointment without providing at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation, a 'No Show' fee may be applied to your SOLUS account.
Failure to attend appointments creates considerable delay in the provision of care for yourself, and blocks access to care for other students in need.
- If you need to cancel a psychiatry appointment, please call 613-533-2508
- Medical and mental health appointments cannot be cancelled via email
- Owing money for missed appointments does not prohibit you from accessing services
Fees for Missed Appointment
Missed Physician or Psychiatry Appointment
- 10 minute appointment – $35
- 20 minute appointment – $70
- 30 minute appointment – $105
- 40 minute appointment – $135
- 120 minute appointment – $210
Under exceptional circumstances fees can be waived
For questions regarding billing, invoicing or charges on your account:
- 613-533-6000 x 75916
Wellness Coaching Appointments
Appointments are held in the Gregory David and Neil Rossy Health Promotion Hub on the 1st floor (room 120) in Mitchell Hall, 69 Union St and are available remotely or in person.
Professional Wellness Coaching
For students interested in improving their eating, developing proactive mindfulness strategies, or who want to quit or cut down on substance use (i.e., alcohol, tobacco, and/or cannabis).
Students who are seeking assistance for eating disorders or significant addictions should book a medical and/or mental health appointment. Peer Wellness Coaches do NOT provide counselling/therapy or design personal exercise/workout plans.
Peer Wellness Coaching
For students who want to be more physically active, decrease their sedentary time and/or sleep better. Learn more about Peer Wellness Coaching.
MUSE Biofeedback Mindfulness Appointments
Students use a guided meditation app and a MUSE headband that passively senses your brain activity. You receive real-time feedback to help you stay calm and focused. Once your session is over, you can review your results with a peer or staff member and can track your progress.
As an alternative, students can try the TAO mindfulness meditation library.
For more information about Health Promotion.
For in-person appointments
- Complete the SeQure app COVID self-assessment and show “My Self-Assessment Status”
Present their valid Queen’s Student Card if requested
Arrive 5-10 minutes early to check-in
Build in to go to class; appointments may run late
Book an appointment using MS Bookings or fill out the online Professional Wellness Coaching appointment request form or the online Peer Wellness Coaching appointment request form.
Peer Wellness Coaches do NOT provide counselling/therapy or design personal exercise/workout plans.
Students are strongly encouraged to provide at least 24-hour notice of cancellation. If you need to cancel or re-schedule your appointment, please email email@example.com.
Get Help Now
Urgent, emergency, and 24/7 resources
Empower Me and Console
Free 24/7 mental health and wellness support
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online)
Free self-directed wellness tool
Other Supports and Resources
On- and off-campus options