Ventus is a management system that allows students, instructors, Queen’s Student Accessibility Services (QSAS), and other University stakeholders to easily communicate about accommodations for students with disabilities.
New students should start by following steps on how to register with QSAS.
Visit the support page for help navigating the Ventus Student Portal.
For further assistance, please email us directly.
Classroom accommodations remove barriers to support students with disabilities in gaining access to content and completing assigned tasks. Once accommodations are applied, instructors can see the approved accommodations in Ventus.
Please note that some accommodations require students to communicate directly with their instructor for implementation. See Academic Accommodations for specific information.
1. Login to Ventus.
2. Go to courses on the Vetus navigation bar.
3. Select the current semester from the semester dropdown menu and click the blue go button.
4. The courses you are enrolled in will now appear.
5. Click on the course you wish to opt-out of your classroom accommodations.
6. Click the checkboxes for the accommodations(s) you would like to opt-out.
7. Clean the green submit button.
8. The classroom accommodation status will now appear as opted out.
Assessment accommodations remove barriers to support students with disabilities during quizzes, tests, and exams. Instructors submit assessments through Ventus and students are notified when an assessment has been added.
If an assessment is not in Ventus at least 14-days prior to the assessment, then it will be held in class and instructors are responsible for providing accommodations. Please speak with the instructor regarding questions about accommodations for assessments not appearing in Ventus.
If you choose not to write a quiz, test, or exam in the Exams Office using your accommodations, you must opt-out of the accommodation at least 10 days prior to an assessment.
- Login to Ventus.
- Go to Assessments on the navigation bar.
- View upcoming assessments under "Assessments I’m writing with Accommodations".
- Click on the red Withdraw button.
- Read and click the blue OK button to confirm.
- The assessment will now appear as cancelled under Status column.
Find a step-by-step video of this process on the Ventus Support page.
Students who are unable to write an assessment for disability related reasons (e.g., a flare or exacerbation in symptoms) should refer to the Exam Deferral Process. Be sure to cancel the assessment in Ventus at least 24 hours in advance.
Any modifications to assessment accommodations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the exam date; changes will not be accepted past this deadline. Students requiring a revision to their approved accommodations, need to book an appointment with their Accessibility Advisor using the “Book Now” button found in Ventus.
Find additional information on assessment accommodations in on the Ventus support page.