This tool was developed with students and researchers across Canada to help students understand their own substance use.
Students will be asked questions to gain a better understanding of how substance use is impacting their overall well-being.
This is a self-reflection opportunity, it is NOT a diagnostic tool.
These resources provide support for a variety of health and wellness concerns, including substance use.
Student Wellness Services
Get access to campus, wellness-specific resources
- Phone: 613-533-2506, Call to book an appointment or for crisis support
- Visit: https://www.queensu.ca/studentwellness/or in-person in Mitchell Hall, ground floor
- Email: Wellness.email@example.com
Speak to qualified councilors and coaches that can guide you through any problems. Support is offered in English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Russian, German, and Italian.
- Call 1-833-628-5589
- Visit: https://www.queensu.ca/studentwellness/
AMS/SGPS Peer Support
Connect with your peers to collectively tackle challenges.
AMS Peer Support Centre for Undergraduate Students
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: http://amspeersupport.com/
- Tel: (613) 533-6000 x 75111
- Location: John Deutsch University Centre – Room 034
SGPS Peer Support Centre for Graduate Students
- Email: email@example.com
Wellness Together Canada
If you are in distress text WELLNESS to
- 741741 if you are an Adult
- 686868 if you are Youth
- Call: 1-855-242-3310
- Visit: https://wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA/crisis
Telehealth Ontario - Teleconferencing with a nurse [medical resource]
Speak to a registered nurse who can guide you through mental health or substance use problems in a medical context. This resource is free and confidential.
These resources specifically support substance use.
In-person drug and alcohol support |Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) clinics
Walk-in to receive in-person care and counselling
- Find a clinic near you: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-use/get-help/get-help-problematic-substance-use.html
Join a non-professional, self- and peer-support network to join those that are working towards improving their substance usage.
- Visit: https://www.aa.org/
Quality Addiction Care in Canada
Visit the QAC website to schedule an in-person consult with renowned national advisors.
- Visit: https://www.ccsa.ca/finding-quality-addiction-care-canada-drug-and-alcohol-treatment-guide#search=all%28addiction%20care%29
- Toll free: 1-833-235-4048
- Phone: 613-235-4048
Ontario Drug and Alcohol Helpline
Receive 24/7 confidential, anonymous health services
- Call toll free: 1-866-531-2600
- Visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/mental-health-services
These resources provide holistic support to Queen's students.
Office of Faith & Spiritual Life
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: https://www.queensu.ca/faith-and-spiritual-life/
- Call: 613-533-2186
- Location: Mitchell Hall - Suite 210
- Queen’s University International Center (QUIC)
Four Directions Indigenous Student Centre
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 613-533-6970
- Visit: https://www.queensu.ca/fourdirections/
- Location: 144-146 Barrie Street
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 343-363-4484
- Visit: https://www.queensu.ca/yellow-house/
- Location: 140 Stuart Street