I. Terms of Reference
The provost and vice-principal (academic) has established a Teaching and Learning Space Committee to provide advice on the maintenance and development of teaching and learning space at the university.
Included in the mandate of the committee:
- Determine principles and procedures to direct planning and decision-making with respect to teaching and learning space on campus.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for maintaining an up-to-date inventory of the teaching and learning space, including a review of appropriate definitions for categories of the teaching and learning space (e.g. computer teaching facilities, seminar rooms, lecture theatres).
- Review and analyze data related to the supply of, and demand for, classroom space (including numbers and types of teaching facilities, capacity, configuration, equipment, etc.).
- Qualitative and quantitative information and data on current and anticipated future space and pedagogical requirements will be obtained from instructor surveys and timetable statistics, IT Services, and faculties and schools.
- Develop a mechanism to inform faculties and schools about teaching and learning space issues and priorities, and solicit requests to renovate or alter existing space, including requests from faculties and schools, the Office of the University Registrar, and the University Timetable Committee.
- Review and recommend on any proposed alterations (whether funded locally or centrally) that affect teaching and learning space, in particular alterations that may have an impact on other academic programs or units.
- Appropriate consultations will be conducted as necessary.
- Recommend planning and investment for significant additions or changes to teaching space, which may include designated teaching and learning space in new building projects and/or the construction of new space dedicated for teaching and for the conduct of examinations, in consultation with the Examinations Subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Academic Procedures (SCAP).
Please contact email@example.com for additional details.
II. Committee Composition
|S. Alexander||Manager, Technical Services, ITS|
|J. Brett||Manager, Timetable, Office of the University Registrar|
|N. Cann||Faculty, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts and Science|
|L. Clapham||Associate Dean (Academic), Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science|
|T. Easter||Assistant to the University Registrar, Office of the University Registrar|
|L. Flynn||Vice-Dean Education, Faculty of Health Sciences|
|T. Gkotsis||Planner, Campus Planning and Development|
|A. Grotsky||President, Society of Graduate and Professional Students|
|A. Leger||Associate Professor and Educational Developer, Centre for Teaching and Learning|
|V. Lewarne||Academic Affairs Commissioner, Alma Mater Society|
|B. McDonald||Associate Director, Support Services, ITS|
|P. Pearsall||Associate Registrar, Office of the University Registrar|
|J. Scott||Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning)|
|M. Whitehead||Vice-Provost (Digital Planning) and University Librarian|
|J. Witjes||Associate Vice-Principal (Facilities)|
Chair: J. Scott
Secretary: T. Easter