Terms of Reference
Queen's University is committed to fostering a culture of wellbeing for all who live, learn, and work on our campuses. The university is undertaking an initiative to develop a campus-wide wellness framework. The Campus Wellness Project is in alignment with, and inspired by, Queen’s Strategic Framework and the spirit of diversity, inclusivity, and positive change.
The Campus Wellness Project will follow a community-wide approach to engagement, leading to the design of a wellbeing framework that provides structure to align and inspire thinking about campus health and wellbeing when considering actions, processes, policies, and programming. This project builds on the work of the student-focused Principal’s Commission on Mental Health and the implementation work of the Provost’s Advisory Committee on Mental Health, with an expanded audience lens and multi-dimensional wellness scope. It aligns with global initiatives including the Okanagan Charter, and will integrate best practices from peer institutions that have undertaken large scale wellness initiatives.
The Provost’s Advisory Committee on Wellness, Co-Chaired by Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs, and Steven Millan, Associate Vice-Principal (Human Resources).
The committee will:
- Provide project vision and guidance
- Evaluate input and priorities
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, and foster potential synergies, both internal and external to the university
- Develop next steps regarding framework implementation
- Justine Aman, President, Society of Graduate & Professional Students (SGPS)
- Heather Cole, Chief of Staff and Legal Advisor, Office of the Principal
- Lisa Crosbie-Larmon, Director of Human Resources, Facilities
- Leslie Dal Cin, Executive Director, Athletics & Recreation
- Yasmine Djerbal, Educational Developer, Anti-Racism and Inclusion, Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Zaid Kasim, President, AMS
- Sydney Downey, Associate Director, Return to Work and Accommodation Services
- Cynthia Gibney, Executive Director, Student Wellness Services, Queen's University
- Duncan Hunter, Associate Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty Senator
- Steven Millan Associate Vice-Principal (Human Resources) – Co-Chair
- Fahim Quadir, Vice-Provost and Dean of the School of Graduate Studies
- Ellie Sadinsky, Executive Director, Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs
- Stephanie Simpson, Associate Vice-Principal (Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion)
- Claudio Soares, Head, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Susan Stewart, Director, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division at KFL&A Public Health
- Ann Tierney, Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs – Co-Chair
The Provost’s Advisory Committee on Wellness receives support from the Campus Wellness Council.
For more information please visit the Campus Wellness Project website.