The Queen’s University International Programs Committee (QUIPC) provides a forum for sharing information, developing consensus, and initiating, coordinating and carrying out projects in support of the university’s international agenda.
Chaired by the Associate Vice-Principal (International), it includes representatives of a number of offices on campus that have responsibilities in the international academic arena.
These include the international offices of the faculties, the Vice-Principal (Research), the Office of the University Registrar (OUR), the Department of Alumni Relations and Marketing and Communications, as well as the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC), and Queen’s School of English.
The monthly QUIPC meetings and other forms of communication among members provide the opportunity for representatives to carry out initiatives and share information in the following areas (among others):
- New agreements with foreign universities initiated both at the faculty or central level; maintenance of existing agreements
- New consortial agreements between groups of Ontario or Canadian universities and international consortia; maintenance of existing agreements
- International visitors or delegations to Queen’s
- Queen’s delegations to international conferences
- Site visits by Queen’s representatives to current or prospective institutional partners
- Activities of the various Faculty exchange coordinators in support of exchange agreements
- Activities of QUIC to support incoming or outgoing student mobility