The following links will allow you to access forms for the various services provided by the Office of the University Registrar, including the document request form for those that need a specific form or require a letter from our office.
Queen’s University is committed to an inclusive campus community with accessible goods, services, and facilities that respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Student records, etc. are available in an accessible format or with appropriate communication supports upon request.
University privacy guidelines will not allow the release of student information to anyone other than the student concerned without the written permission of the student.
Check out the Student Registration Guide page for more registration information.
Undergraduate Registration Form (PDF, 768 KB)
- The Registration Form is to be used only where access through the SOLUS Student Centre is unavailable
Academic Change Form - Undergraduate (PDF, 793.5 KB)
- The Academic Change Form is used when a student requires departmental approval to make changes to their registration. E.g. to change their program or plan; to waive a course prerequisite or to obtain departmental permission
Graduate Studies Registration Form (PDF, 774 KB)
- The Registration Form is to be used only where access through the SOLUS Student Centre is unavailable
Academic Change Form - Graduate Studies (PDF, 778 KB)
- The Academic Change Form is used when a student requires departmental approval to make changes to their registration. E.g. to change their program or plan; to waive a course prerequisite; or to obtain departmental permission
Check out more information about Tuition and Fees.
The Fee Refund Request Form can also be accessed by scanning the QR code provided here.
- When all fees and charges owing to the university are paid and a credit balance remains on your SOLUS account, you can request a refund using this form according to the refund processing timeline on our Fee Refunds page
PPL - Enrolment/Withdrawal Form (PDF, 111 KB)
- Graduate students returning from a leave of absence, with no outstanding debt, who want to enrol in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PPL) can do so using this form if they are unable to self-enrol on SOLUS
- Students who have completed their degree and need to be taken off the PPL, or if they want to be removed from the PPL at any time, can do so through this form
- In rare situations, a student may wish to submit an appeal for a Tuition Fee Amendment on the grounds of serious extenuating circumstances. Please familiarize yourself with the Tuition Fee Amendment policy prior to submitting a request.
- Students with debt or overdue fees blocking their registration, who cannot pay the outstanding balance immediately, can appeal to register with debt
Opt In to Pay Ancillary Fees - Winter 2024
Students who are beginning their studies in the Winter term who have not been assessed ancillary fees, may use this form to opt in. Once completed and signed, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once completed and signed, email the form to email@example.com. The form must be received no later than January 26, 2024 to allow time for processing.
- By electing to opt in, you will be assessed ALL ancillary fees as indicated on the form;
- You may opt out of Health and Dental plans by providing proof of existing coverage to www.studentcare.ca
- UGRD students in an online career (DIST) or students who are solely enrolled in a Certificate MAY NOT opt in to ancillary fees;
- If you are 65 years old or over, you MAY NOT opt in to Health and Dental plan(s);
- Visit https://www.myams.org/services/ for AMS details or https://sgps.ca/sgps-activity-fees/ for SGPS details.
Check out more information about Student Graduation.
Diploma Replacement Request Form (PDF, 189 KB)
- If you are requesting a diploma replacement under a different name, you will first have to submit a Name Change Form (PDF, 3.2 MB) to have your record updated
A Verification of Enrolment is a snapshot of your current or past registration status at Queen's. It confirms the following information:
- Your program of study
- The number of credit units you have successfully completed
- The number of credit units you are/were enrolled in for the academic period
- The start and end dates of your academic period
The Verification of Enrolment form may be required for the following:
- RESP agreement forms
- Canada Pension Plan Children's Benefit
- Student Line of Credit verification of enrolment letters
- Confirmations for non-Queen’s awards (external scholarships and awards)
- Provincial Health Care Insurance forms
- Confirmation of your student status to external agencies (e.g. bank, student association)
The online Verification of Enrolment form replaces the post-secondary section of all agency forms (if applicable). We have recently updated the online VoE to include a signature and seal making it more widely accepted. Simply attach the Verification of Enrolment printout to the agency form and return it to the agency requesting verification of enrolment information.
Note: This online Verification of Enrolment form is not required for government student financial aid (e.g. OSAP, Canada Student Loans, provincial student loan programs, US Loans). In most cases, confirmation of enrolment is completed through online portals by the University on the student’s behalf.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow these steps to access Verification of Enrolment forms:
- Log into SOLUS Student Centre
- Select the Academic Records tile
- Select the Verification of Enrollment navigation
- Select the applicable year
- Select the Retrieve button (see note below)
- When finished, select SOLUS Student Centre to return to the main page
Note: The Verification of Enrolment report will appear in a new window so ensure that you do not have pop-ups blocked.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations require the university to issue T4A slips for all scholarships, bursaries, and awards disbursed to students in a given calendar year. If you have received a scholarship, bursary, or award from Queen's and have not provided the university with your Social Insurance Number (SIN), you will be prompted to input your SIN via SOLUS.
For more information, see Canada Revenue Agency publication P105 entitled "Students and Income Tax,” and refer to the Canada Revenue Website Line 323 for further information on your tuition tax credits.
Non-Canadian citizens will not be issued a Social Insurance Number unless they seek employment in Canada. If you are granted a scholarship, bursary, or award and do not have a SIN please visit the Service Canada website for information on how to apply for a SIN.
All T4A slips are mailed to your Mailing Address as it appears on SOLUS. Please ensure your mailing address is current as soon as possible, and prior to January 31. T4As will be mailed at the end of February for all awards disbursed in the previous calendar year.
The Tuition and Enrolment Certificate, or T2202, is issued via the SOLUS Student Centre for income tax filing purposes.
- Here you can find information on assistance with your claims and when certificates will be available
- The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) now requires the student's Social Insurance Number (SIN) to appear on the T2202 Certificate
- For more details, please consult the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) information page
** T2202 Income Tax Certificates for the prior calendar year will be available for downloading from the SOLUS Student Centre starting the last calendar day of February **
Assistance with Your Claims
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines for claims made by students can be obtained directly from the Agency's website.
- For assistance in claiming amounts, please visit the CRA's information page
- For more specific or detailed information regarding eligible expenses, students are advised to contact their local Canada Revenue Agency office. View a directory of locations across Canada
How to Get Your T2202
- On the main page of SOLUS select the Financial Account tile. On the left sidebar select T2202A Tax Forms.
- Select your requested year and click Retrieve. SOLUS will then prepare your T2202 and it will appear in a pop-up
If you are planning on printing forms from SOLUS, please ensure that your browser allows pop-ups. If your web browser is set to block pop-ups, your T2202 will NOT produce.
- Forms will appear in a new window in .pdf format
- After you have allowed pop-ups, and have generated a form command, please look for additional tabs below the browser menu bar. Your document may not automatically load on the screen, and may be located under a new tab, or screen
If your certificate does not generate, please review steps 1 and 2 to ensure that your browser is allowing the new window to be created.
If you have paid your tuition late, and after the T2202 has been issued for the prior calendar year, it is the responsibility of the student to request an amended T2202. Please complete the request form found at the link below and submit this via email to email@example.com
Request for Revised T2202 (PDF, 3.1 MB)
For those who have a specific form to be completed or require a letter from us, we will be adjusting our services to online and secure PDF email delivery – all in an effort to help reduce the global spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our commitment to provide support to you remains during this time and our core operations will continue.
Please complete the Document Request Form. Complete and save to your desktop. If submitting from queensu.ca email, a signature is not required.
Attach your request form and document (if applicable) to your email. Please use your @queensu.ca email account. In your email subject line enter DOC REQ FORM.
For those who do not have a queensu.ca email account, we will contact you prior to sending any documents and ask a few security questions. We highly recommend you send us your attachments in a secure PDF.
- Financial Aid, Scholarship Applications, Out of Province Gov’t Student Aid, OSAP, US Loans, Estimated Living Expenses: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cumulative GPA, Study Permit, Visa, Housing/Residency, Tuition Fee Letters/Statement: email to email@example.com
- Insurance, Graduation, Employment Purposes, Job Application, All Other Requests: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once received we will complete your request and send the document via secure PDF as an email attachment as per your instructions on the Document Request Form.