Career Services offers Queen's students counselling on careers options, on-the-spot answers to questions about resumés or job searches, workshops on job searching and graduate study, and a library of resource material.
Film students should start with a look at their booklet Film Options: Both Education and Work.
Other publications of interest include:
- Making It: The Business of Film and Television Production in Canada, Barbara Hehner, ed.
- Getting Into Film, Mel London.
- Careers in Video, Paul Allman.
- Exploring Careers in Filmmaking, Robert N. Manning.
- Opportunities in Television and Filmmaking, Shonan F.R.Noronha
- The Harvard Guide to Careers in Mass Media, John Noble.
- Film Canada Yearbook: The Indispensable Directory of the Canadian Film Industry
- Directory to Funding Sources for Canadian Studies
- Awards for Postgraduate Study at Commonwealth Universities
- Grants to Artists, The Canada Council