Thinking about applying to Queen's University for Film and Media?
Here's what you need to know:
1. All our degree programs start in second year.
2. To be admitted into one of our degree programs, you must first apply to the Faculty of Arts and Science and then, once admitted, you must take FILM 110 in your first year at Queen's. Note: If you plan to study at the Bader International Study Centre at Herstmonceux Castle(BISC) in Sussex, England in first year, please take the equivalent courses to FILM 110, which are FILM 104 & FILM 106 or BISC 100 & FILM 104.
4. Depending on your grade in FILM 110 and your cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA), you can declare Film & Media as your concentration at the end of first year. Please see Programs for more information on the specific programs we offer and the grade/cGPA requirements for admission.
5. Automatic acceptance into the Major and Medial programs requires a B+ or greater in FILM 110 and a cGPA of 2.8 or more. For the Minor and General programs, the requirements are a C or better in FILM 110 and a cGPA of 2.3 or more. Please see Film and Media Plan Thresholds for more information.
6. For advice or information about choosing a Film & Media degree program or specialization and/or to arrange a tour of our facility and speak to a departmental representative in person, contact Stephanie Wilson, Undergraduate Administrative Assistant for Film & Media, at 613-533-6000 #79044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.