Ban Righ Hall
The oldest residence at Queen’s, built in 1925. Ban Righ Hall is an all-female identified community building with preserved historical charm. The Ban Righ Dining Hall is attached to this residence with indoor access.
More information about Ban Righ Hall
The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen’s graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term “ban righ” is Gaelic for “wife of the King” — or “Queen”.
Room Types Available:
Ban Righ Dining Hall and retail dining locations nearby.
Stauffer & Douglas Libraries, classrooms, and the Kingston waterfront.
All-female identified community
# of Dons
Individual rooms are carpet free. Hallways are carpeted.
Wired internet. Router purchase encouraged.
- Historic residences with unique room features/sizes.
- Indoor access to Ban Righ Dining Hall and Adelaide Hall.
- Steps away from the Agnes Etherington Art Centre.
- Located near libraries, classroom spaces and across from Nixon Field.
- Adjustable bed (Twin XL)
- Desk and chair
- Armoire or closet space and clothing drawers
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Laundry in building
Things to Pack:
- Bedding (Twin XL sheets)
- A small fridge (7cubic feet or smaller)
- Wireless router and ethernet cable.
How to Find Ban Righ Hall:
- This building has a freight elevator, but no passenger elevators.
- Queen’s has 17 unique residence buildings built between 1925 – 2022. Each building varies in size, layout, and room furnishings. Design elements such as flooring type, window sizes and window coverings, and storage solutions change from room to room.
- The photos and videos provided are a sample our room types. Please understand that your specific room may vary in size and appearance.
- Linen packages can be obtained from Campus Linens.
- The fees listed above are subject to change. Any discrepancy between fee information listed above and in the Fee Schedule, the Fee Schedule will be deemed correct.