David C. Smith House
David C. Smith House opened in 2015. This residence offers modern décor and a number of bright common areas for students to study and connect.
More information about David C. Smith House
David C. Smith House opened in September 2015, and is named in honour of former Principal Dr. David C. Smith, who served as Queen’s Principal from 1984 to 1994.
A nationally respected economist, Principal Smith began teaching at Queen’s in 1961. He served as head of the Department of Economics from 1968-1981 and was appointed Principal in 1984. During his two terms as Principal, Queen’s underwent numerous changes, including the founding of the Women’s Studies Department and the Bader International Study Centre, and the construction of numerous buildings, including Stauffer Library and the Biosciences Complex.
Room Types Available:
Semi-Private Washrooms – shared between two rooms
Leonard Dining Hall and retail dining locations nearby.
Kingston waterfront, residence buildings, and classrooms.
Mixed gender and Living and Learning Community building
# of Dons
All rooms and hallways are carpet free.
Wireless in bedrooms and common rooms. Router purchase is encouraged for multiple devices.
Two passenger elevators and stair access
- Easy access to dining halls and Location 21, a retail food location conveniently located in the building.
- Steps away from, the beautiful Kingston waterfront and city parks.
- Close to classroom spaces and libraries.
- Adjustable bed (Queen) – Size 54" x 80"
- Desk and chair
- Armoire or closet space and clothing drawers
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Laundry in building.
- Mini Fridge
Things to Pack:
- Bedding (Queen)
- Wireless router and ethernet cable.
How to Find David C. Smith House:
- Queen’s has 17 unique residence buildings built between 1925 – 2022. Each building varies in size, layout, and room furnishings. Design elements such as flooring type, window sizes and window coverings, and storage solutions change from room to room.
- The photos and videos provided are a sample our room types. Please understand that your specific room may vary in size and appearance.
- This building contains passenger elevators.
- Linen packages can be obtained from Campus Linens.
- The fees listed above are subject to change. Any discrepancy between fee information listed above and in the Fee Schedule, the Fee Schedule will be deemed correct.