Opened in September 2015, Brant house consists of 263 mixed gender single plus rooms and it is located near Kingston’s beautiful waterfront.
More information about Brant House
Brant House was opened in September 2015, and is named for Drs. Marlene Brant Castellano and Clare Clifton Brant.
Dr. Brant Castellano (BA’55, LLD’91) is a leader in Indigenous education and research who has dedicated her life to the rights and well-being of Indigenous peoples. She has taught in the Queen’s Faculty of Education and currently serves as the co-chair of the Queen’s Aboriginal Council of Queen’s University. An Officer of the Order of Canada, Dr. Brant Castellano has also been awarded the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and the National Aboriginal Achievement Award.
Dr. Clare Clifton Brant (MD’65) was Canada’s first Indigenous psychiatrist and worked tirelessly to advance mental health issues relevant to Aboriginal peoples. He founded the Native Mental Health Association and was an Indigenous health policy advisor to provincial and national health ministries. His seminal work, Native Ethics and Rules of Behaviour, continues to be extensively quoted in psychiatry, medical anthropology and sociological circles.
Room Types Available:
Semiprivate Washroom – shared between two bedrooms.
Leonard Dining Hall and retail dining locations nearby.
Kingston waterfront, various residence buildings, and classrooms.
Mixed gender and Living Learning Community building
# of Dons
All rooms and hallways are carpet free.
Wireless in bedrooms and common rooms. Router purchase is encouraged for multiple devices.
Two passenger elevators and stair access.
- Conveniently located near the beautiful Kingston waterfront.
- Easy access to Leonard Dining Hall and other residence buildings.
- Common rooms and kitchenettes featuring microwaves, fridges and ovens.
- Bed (Queen) – Size 54" x 80"
- Desk and chair
- Armoire or closet space and clothing drawers
- Mini Fridge
- Garbage and Recycling bins
- Laundry in Building
Things to Pack:
- Bedding (Queen)
- Wireless router and ethernet cable.
How to Find Brant House :
- Queen’s has 17 unique residence buildings built between 1925 – 2022. Each building varies in size, layout, and room furnishings. Design elements such as flooring type, window sizes and window coverings, and storage solutions change from room to room.
- The photos and videos provided are a sample our room types. Please understand that your specific room may vary in size and appearance.
- This building contains passenger elevators.
- Linen packages can be obtained from Campus Linens.
- The fees listed above are subject to change. Any discrepancy between fee information listed above and in the Fee Schedule, the Fee Schedule will be deemed correct.