Triple / Quad
|Room & Board||$16,087||$17,298||$15,178||$14,533||$14,533|
|Good-to-Go & Flex Dollars||$150||$150||$150||$150||$150|
* Subject to Change
Those who wish to opt out of the Residence Property and Liability Insurance must do so before September 30, 2023.
When are residence fees due?
- The $525 residence deposit is due with the residence application on June 8, 2023, at 4:00 pm ET. The remainder of your residence fees will be split into two payments.
- The first half of your residence fees are due on September 1, 2023, at 4:00 pm ET.
- The second half of your residence fees are due on January 10, 2024, at 4:00 pm ET.
- If you have been assessed to receive OSAP assistance, you will receive an automatic deferral on your fall term residence fees to September 30, 2023 and your winter term residence fees to January 31, 2024. Please visit the Student Financials Webpage for more information.
How to pay for your deposit and residence fees?
Once you submit your application, the $525 deposit charge will not immediately appear on your Solus account. It may take several business days for the deposit to appear.
There are multiple ways you can pay your residence fees. You can find a list of payment methods on the Registrar’s How to Pay Page. Navigate to Step 3: Payment Methods, which is mid-way down the page. Expand the box of the type of payment you would like to make to see further instructions. You can pay your residence deposit through online banking, telephone banking, credit card or by wire transfer.
To be considered for a space in residence, you must complete your application and submit your deposit before the June 8, 2023 at 4:00 pm ET, deadline.
We encourage you to pay your deposit and residence fees early as it can take 3-5 business days for your payment to process.
If you have questions about how to pay your fees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding residence costs, timelines or have general questions about residence please reach out to our admissions team at email@example.com.
Refund Policy 2023-24
$325 of your $525 deposit is refundable if you cancel residence application by July 1, 2023. Your request must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After July 1, 2023, your $525 deposit is non-refundable
If you cancel your academic offer at Queen’s, you must also cancel your residence application by contacting email@example.com.
Please note that the University does not issue tax receipts for residence fees. Residence fees (except for $25, no receipt required) cannot be claimed on income tax returns.
For more information, visit the Ontario Ministry of Finance.
- Note: Fees include room for both fall and winter terms and a mandatory meal plan
- These fees cover the residence period from September, 2 2023, until no later than 3pm the day after your last scheduled exam in April, unless granted permission for an extension from the Queen’s Residence Life team. Extended coursework past the closing of residence will be subject to approval and an associated per diem cost.
- The Res Council, Flex $, GOOD TO GO reusable Container Deposit and HST fees are due on September 1, 2023. The room and board fee (less the deposit) is split in two. Half is due on September 1, 2023. The other half is due on January 9, 2024.