Welcome to Queen's University! As many of you begin your first year here, navigating the changes that come with attending university may feel overwhelming. Stress, anxiety, low mood, and feelings of loneliness are common experiences during this transition. Our Residence Mental Health Therapists are here to support you with one-to-one appointments, whether in person or virtually. While we can't offer ongoing therapy, we are eager to listen and help anyone who finds themselves struggling or simply wants to talk about their experiences since starting at Queen's. Don't hesitate to reach out; we look forward to meeting you.
Book a session
Here at Queen's University, we're here to help you through this huge life transition.
To book a session with a Residence Mental health Therapist, located in Victoria Hall, you can use the new (pilot) online booking system. You will be asked to check-in with your contact information, prior to selecting one of the residence mental health therapists. Make sure to select either Nadia Sawaya Fehr or Terra Sweigard when booking online.
Other ways to book:
2. Visit us in-person at Mitchell Hall, 69 Union Street, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm to schedule an appointment.
- Wait times vary; students will be offered the next available appointment.
- Students will be asked to complete a pre-screening questionnaire to help ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Please make sure to mention that you are a student living in residence.
Come colour with us!
The Art of Colouring & Mandala is a group for any student in first-year seeking connection and support during the complex transition period to university life. You could benefit from this group if you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious about managing it all. Come learn the art of colouring and mandalas with mental health therapists & fellow first-year students! Drop-ins are welcome.
In this group, you will:
- Have the opportunity to connect with other first year students experiencing the same struggles and figure this out together
- Learn the art of colouring and mandalas with mental health therapists
- Have the opportunity to talk in a confidential group setting about whatever is on your mind at the time
In-Person in the Queen's International Centre (QUIC) Boardroom, Room 200.
Wednesdays 2:30 - 4:00 pm. All 1st years are welcome!
Terra Sweigard will be facilitating this group.Sign Up Here