Jean Royce Hall
Jean Royce west campus is unique, consisting of 12 individual houses within a complex. It contains indoor access to; the Jean Royce dining hall, a late-night cafe, and the Faculty of Education and Education Library. It is within walking distance to waterfront paths, historic Portsmouth Village and main campus.
More information about Jean Royce Hall
Jean Royce Hall, was built in 1974 and was named after Jean Royce, the Queen’s Registrar, from 1933 – 1969. The 12 individual houses within the Jean Royce complex are named after former faculty and trustees, including; Angus, Boucher, Bryce, Curran, Douglas, Healey, Laird, Miller, Roy, Shortliffe, Tracy and Trotter.
Room Types Available:
Jean Royce Dining Hall
Faculty of Education, Kingston waterfront, and Portsmouth Village.
# of Dons
Bedrooms and hallways are carpet free
Wired internet. Router purchase encouraged.
- Indoor, easy access to Jean Royce Dining Hall and the Education Library.
- Convenient access to main campus and the rest of Kingston with a bus stop nearby.
- Steps away from the beautiful Kingston waterfront, running paths, and historic Portsmouth Village.
- Adjustable bed (Twin XL)
- Desk and chair
- Armoire or closet space and clothing drawers
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Laundry in building
Things to Pack:
- Bedding (Twin XL sheets)
- A small fridge (7cubic feet or smaller)
- Wireless router and ethernet cable.
How to Find Jean Royce Hall:
Gordon Brockington House, Kingston ON
Name, Student Number,
Jean Royce Hall,
535 Union St.
Kingston, ON K7M 2B9
Jean Royce Hall
Open 24 hours per day
- Queen’s has 17 unique residence buildings built between 1925 – 2022. Each building varies in size, layout, and room furnishings. Design elements such as flooring type, window sizes and window coverings, and storage solutions change from room to room.
- The photos and videos provided are a sample our room types. Please understand that your specific room may vary in size and appearance.
- Linen packages can be obtained from Campus Linens.
- The fees listed above are subject to change. Any discrepancy between fee information listed above and in the Fee Schedule, the Fee Schedule will be deemed correct.