Endaayaan – Tkanónsote
Endaayaan – Tkanónsote (pronounced: End-ah-yawn – t-gaw-noon-so-day), Indigenous words for “home”, reflecting the purpose and function of the building (a first for the University) in Anishinaabemowin (Ojibway) and Kanyen’kéha (Mohawk), the local language of the Haudenoausaunee nations.
More information about Endaayaan – Tkanónsote
Queen’s newest 334-bed student residence building on main campus has Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification. Endaayaan – Tkanónsote pronounced: (End-ah-yawn – t-gaw-noon-so-day) is on Albert Street, South of Union Street on a site that was previously occupied by five (5) university-owned houses. This is a unique building for Queen's University with lots to learn and discover.
Room Types Available:
Semiprivate Washroom – shared between two bedrooms.
Leonard Dining Hall and retail dining locations nearby.
Tindall Field, Smith School of Business, and Douglas and Stauffer libraries.
Mixed gender and Study wing
# of Dons
All rooms and hallways are carpet free.
Wireless in bedrooms and common rooms. Router purchase is encouraged for multiple devices.
Passenger elevators and stair access.
- Prayer room with two ablution stations, yoga and meditation room, and outdoor courtyard gathering space (designed by an indigenous artist)
- Ample common spaces including study rooms on each floor, kitchenettes with fridges and stoves, and a yoga room.
- Other unique amenities including service animal washing facilities and indoor bike storage.
- Adjustable bed (Double Extra Long)
- Desk and chair
- Armoire or closet space and clothing drawers
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Laundry in building.
- Mini Fridge
Things to Pack:
- Bedding (Double Extra Long or Queen)
- Wireless router and ethernet cable.
How to Find Endaayaan – Tkanónsote :
- Queen’s has 17 unique residence buildings built between 1925 – 2022. Each building varies in size, layout, and room furnishings. Design elements such as flooring type, window sizes and window coverings, and storage solutions change from room to room.
- The photos and videos provided are a sample our room types. Please understand that your specific room may vary in size and appearance.
- This building contains passenger elevators.
- Linen packages can be obtained from Campus Linens.
- The fees listed above are subject to change. Any discrepancy between fee information listed above and in the Fee Schedule, the Fee Schedule will be deemed correct.