Student Wellness Services for Queen's University are located on the ground floor of Mitchell Hall
Student Wellness Services
The Jack Project, an organization dedicated to helping youth achieve optimum mental health, is one of many mental health programs underway at Queen's.
The Jack Project
The Adaptive Technology Centre (ATC) contains technology and services that enable students with disabilities to study, research, and access library and course materials.
ATC website
The Accessibility Queen’s (AQ), part of the Social Issues Commission of the AMS, advocates for a more accessible campus for students with different abilities. The committee holds educational events throughout the year to teach students, faculty, and Queen’s administration about (dis)ability issues and the realities of ableism.
AQ Facebook
Students with Disabilities can arrange for assistance with developing a research strategy and arrange to have material retrieved for them.
Need accessible parking? Contact the Queen's Parking Office.
Parking Office website

Supports and Services for Students with Disabilities

Queen’s University is committed to building a campus community that is inclusive for all individuals, and ensuring that its services, supports and spaces are accessible for persons with disabilities.

We are a community that works together to create an environment where everyone has a full and enriching Queen’s experience.

Successful learning, living, and employment outcomes are the result of a shared responsibility and commitment on the part of students, staff, faculty, and senior administrators towards removing and preventing barriers to participation.

The Accessibility Hub has compiled an extensive list of resources and services available on campus for prospective and current students to prevent barriers to participation, successful learning, and living in the Queen's community. If you know of some resources that are not listed, please let us know.

There are many supports and services on campus to assist students with disabilities suited to their needs, that will enhance their ability to participate fully in the life of the university.

Issue Department Contact
Where do I go for general health concerns? Health Services (Student Wellness)

Tel: (613) 533-2506

Fax: (613) 533-6740

Location: Ground Floor, Mitchell Hall

Where do I go for counselling? Counselling Services (Student Wellness)

Tel: 613-533-6000, ext 78264


Location: Mitchell Hall

I am a student with a disability. Where do I go for information on academic accommodations and/or documentation?

Queen's Student Accessibility Services (QSAS)

Tel: (613) 533-6467

Fax: (613) 533-6284

TTY: (613) 533-6566


Location: Ground Floor, Mitchell Hall

I need  to get an assessment for my learning disability or ADHD. Where can I go? Regional Assessment and Resource Centre (RARC)

Tel: (613) 533-6311

Fax: (613) 533-6564

Email: Administrative Secretary

Location: Mackintosh-Corry Hall, B100

Employment Career Services

Tel: (613) 533-2992

Fax: (613) 533-2535


Location: Gordon Hall, 3rd floor

Municipal Affairs Commission (AMS) Facebook: Municipal Affairs Commission (AMS)
Accessibility, equity and human rights for persons with disabilities

Equity Services

Tel: (613) 533-2563

Fax: (613) 533-2031


Location: B513 Mackintosh-Corry Hall

Human Rights Advisory Services

Tel: (613) 533-6886


Location: B506 Mackintosh-Corry Hall

ASUS Equity and Diversity Officer


Location: ASUS Core, 183 University Ave.

ComSoc Equity Issues Committee (Commerce Students)

Spiritual matters University Chaplain

Tel: (613) 533-2186


Location: Second floor, Mitchell Hall

Queen's Hospitality Services offers a number of services designed to help students with special dietary requirements – whether it’s for a special diet, allergies or to meet religious observances. If you have specific food requirements, look for the Alternative Diet sign in our dining halls and speak with our staff at that station. They also encourage you to meet with one of our Hospitality Services Managers either before you arrive or once you get to campus.

Issue Department Contact
Does Queen's have a food bank? AMS/SGPS Food Centre


Facebook: AMS/SGPS Food Centre

I have a food allergy or special diet Queen's Hospitality Services

Tel: (613) 533-2953


Twitter: @QueensFood

Location: Room E022, Victoria Hall - 75 Bader Lane

Queen's offers several resources for exercise and a healthy lifestyle for persons with disabilities. Both Revved Up program and the Athletic and Recreation Centre (ARC) use accessible exercise equipment in fully accessible facilities. Queen's Be Well helps you assess your current level of health and offer you concrete suggestions on how to maintain or improve your overall well-being.

Issue Department Contact
Where can I exercise or get information about a healthy lifestyle as a person with a disability? Health Promotion  
Revved Up

Project Coordination

Tel: (613) 533-6000 ext. 79283


Queen's Athletics and Recreation Centre (ARC)

(Accessible Workout Areas and accessible pool)

Customer Service

Tel: (613) 533-2500

Location: 284 Earl Street
Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6

Issue Department Contact
More information on accessible housing Queen's Residences

Manager, Residence Admissions

Tel: (613) 533-2550


Location: Victoria Hall, Queen’s University

  Queen's Community Housing

Tel: (613) 533-2501

Fax: (613) 533-2196


  Off-Campus Living Advisor

Tel: (613) 533-6745


Location: Michell Hall, on the second floor, suite 202

Issue Department Contact
Where do I go for supports and services for mental health issues? Empower Me - Mental Health Resources (Undergrad & Grad students)
  • use "Studentcare" as the password or download additional Empower Me student assistance tools on the iAspiria mobile app. Enter "Studentcare" as the Login ID and select "Student" in the drop-down menu.
Student Wellness (Counselling Services) - Urgent Help  

Use this information if you or someone else is in crisis

Mental Health Awareness Committee

Facebook: Mental Health Awareness Committee

The Jack Project  

Facebook: HeadsUp

Twitter: @HeadsUpQueensU

Parking permits are available through the Parking Department of Facilities (PPS). For students with a disability, Queen’s parking can also arrange for a designated accessible parking space for permit holders who have an Ontario Accessible Parking Permit issued by the Ministry of Transportation may be issued a parking permit regardless of their zone of residence.

Issue Department Contact
Parking Pass/Accessible Parking Space Parking Office (Facilities)

Admin Assistant

Tel: (613) 533-6000 ext. 74598


Tel: (613) 533-6979


Location: 2nd Floor, Rideau Building
207 Stuart Street

Issue Department Contact
Assistance and support from other Queen's students? Peer Support Centre (AMS)

Tel: (613) 533-6000 ext. 75111


Location: Room 26 & 34 John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC)

Peer Academic Advisor (SGPS)

Tel: (613) 533-3169


Location: Room 203 in the John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC)

In accordance with the accessible customer service standard, a regulation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Queen’s University is required to provide notification of temporary disruptions in those facilities or services (in whole or in part) made available for persons with disabilities so that they may obtain, use or benefit from the University’s goods or services. View the Policy on Managing Notifications of Temporary Disruptions.

If you become aware of any disruptions to any physical accessibility services or facilities please contact the following:

Issue Department Contact
Elevators, Door Openers, Ramps, Lifts, Washrooms FixIt (Facilities)


Tel: (613) 533-6757 (Campus, 77301)


To report issues after 4 pm, individuals may contact the Emergency Report Centre at:

Tel: (613) 533-6080

Accessibility Lift access  Fixit (Facilities)

For access to accessible lifts, please contact Client Services (Fixit), who will provide either an access code or physical key to operate lift.

 Contact office in advance of first use. Hours of operation are 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.

 Tel: (613) 533-6757 (Campus, 77301)


Please consult the Queen's Building Directory for location of lifts.

Queen's Building Directory

Snow Removal (Queen's parking spot)


Parking Office (Facilities)

Tel: (613) 533-6979


Location: 2nd Floor, Rideau Building, 207 Stuart Street

Snow Removal from sidewalks, building entrances, walkways etc. FixIt (Facilities)


Tel: (613) 533-6757 (Campus, 77301)


To report issues after 4 pm, individuals may contact the Emergency Report Centre at:

Tel: (613) 533-6080


Snow removal from an accessible parking space on a city street? City of Kingston - Snow Removal

Tel: (613) 546-0000


TTY: (613) 546-4889

Location: City Hall, 216 Ontario Street, Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3

Where to find notices of Service Disruptions online?  

Website: Queen's University's homepage

Website: Facilities

Issue Department Contact
Student Government assistance for diversity and equity issues AMS SIC

Social Issues  Commissioner

Tel: (613) 533-6000 ext. 74816


Twitter: @AMS_SIC

Location: John Deutsch University Centre

Equity issues for graduate and professional students with  disabilities within the School of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Education, and School of Religion. SGPS

Tel: (613) 533-2924

Fax: (613) 533-6376

Email: Equity Commissioner (

Email: Equity Coordinator (

Location: Room 021, JDUC

Student groups on campus that support students with disabilities Accessibility Queen's


Facebook: Accessibility Queen's


Website: InvisAbilities

Facebook: InvisAbilities

Twitter: @InvisAbilities

Mental Health, Disability and the Law Facebook: Disability and Mental Health Law Club
Any place other persons with disabilities can share views and creative works like stories, poems, and art work? Able Magazine (AMS)


Facebook: Able

Twitter: @AbleAtQueens

Location: Alma Mater Society,

  • Kingston Transit: All routes are served by accessible buses (PDF 881 KB) which are low-floor with kneeling capability. Although accessible bus stop infrastructure is not currently a requirement in the AODA Transportation Standard, the City of Kingston is working to improve the accessibility of all bus stops, shelters and integrated seating.
  • Kingston Access Bus offers specialized, non-emergency medical and community transportation.
  • On-demand Accessible Taxis:
    • Modern City Taxi - (613) 546-2222
    • Amey's Greenwood - (613) 546-1111.