Triple / Quad
|Room & Meal Plan*||$16,087||$17,298||$15,178||$14,533||$9,914|
|Good-to-Go & Flex Dollars||$150||$150||$150||$150||$150|
Fees cover the residence period from September 2, 2023, until no later than 3 pm the day after your last scheduled exam in April 2024.
Residence Fees for Fall 2023 will be posted to SOLUS on August 25, 2023
Fees are subject to change in subsequent years.
* Fees include the mandatory Residence Meal Plan, allowing you to eat at all three dining halls and several retail locations. All meal plans and/or any portion of unused plans expire at the end of the academic year, are non-refundable and cannot be carried over into a new term. More information can be found on Residence Dining.
** The annual cost of $86.40 for insurance consists of an $80 premium + 8% PST. Those who wish to opt-out of the Residence Property and Liability Insurance must do so before September 30, 2023.
When are residence fees due?
- June 8, 2023, by 4:00 pm ET: $525 residence deposit must be received.
- August 25, 2023 residence fees for Fall 2023 will be posted on SOLUS
- September 1, 2023, by 4:00 pm ET: The first half of your room and meal plan fees are due along with other ancillary fees noted in the table above.
- January 10, 2024, by 4:00 pm ET: The second half of your room and meal plan fees are due.
- If you have been assessed to receive OSAP assistance, you will receive an automatic deferral on your fall term residence fees to September 30, 2023, and your winter term residence fees to January 31, 2024. Please visit the Student Financials Webpage for more information.
How to pay for your deposit and residence fees
Once you submit your application, the $525 deposit charge will not immediately appear on your Solus account. It may take several business days for the deposit to appear.
There are multiple ways you can pay your residence fees. You can find a list of payment methods on the Registrar’s How to Pay Page. Navigate to Step 3: Payment Methods, which is mid-way down the page. Expand the box of the type of payment you would like to make to see further instructions. You can pay your residence deposit through online banking, telephone banking, credit card or by wire transfer.
To be considered for a space in residence, you must complete your application and submit your deposit before the June 8, 2023 at 4:00 pm ET, deadline.
We encourage you to pay your deposit and residence fees early as it can take 3-5 business days for your payment to process.
If you have questions about how to pay your fees, please contact email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding residence costs, timelines or have general questions about residence please reach out to our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy 2023-24
- $325 of your $525 deposit is refundable if you cancel your residence application by July 1, 2023. Your request must be sent via email to email@example.com.
- After July 1, 2023, your $525 deposit is non-refundable.
- If you cancel your academic offer at Queen’s, you must also cancel your residence application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All meal plans and/or any portion of unused plans expire at the end of the academic year, are non-refundable, and cannot be carried over into a new term. More information can be found on Residence Dining.
The Residence Admissions Office does not issue tax receipts for students living in residence as per CRA Guidelines. Ontario students may claim an Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit of $25 on Form ON-BEN. No receipt is required for this claim. For more information on the Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Finance website.