Information for Parents and Guardians
Access to a student’s personal academic and financial status is privileged and confidential. Each student has the ability to authorize a third party (e.g., a parent or guardian) for access to his or her academic and financial information, but also has the right to maintain complete confidentiality in one or both areas. The default is for this information to remain confidential; a student must specifically designate an individual for access. If a student has granted you access to his or her academic data, we strongly encourage you to discuss with the student what your respective expectations are regarding the use of that access.
The student can access the Communication Release Form in the Personal Information section of their SOLUS account.
Off-Campus Physician's Note
Permission for an Incomplete Grade
Personal Interest Credit Application
For information about Academic Appeals, visit this page of our website.
Academic Integrity Appeals
- Appeal of an Instructor's Department of Academic Integrity Decision: Academic Integrity Appeal Form A
- Appeal of an Associate Dean's Department of Academic Integrity Decision: Academic Integrity Appeal Form B
For information about the Academic Integrity appeals process, see this page of our website.
- Add or Drop a Course (Academic Change Form)
- Program or Plan Change (Academic Change Form) will be available as of May 27.
- Withdrawing and Returning to Studies (WRS)
- Registration Form to Audit a Course
- Request for a Graduate Student to take an Undergraduate Course
Statement Letter Requests
A statement letter is an official document prepared by the Arts and Science Faculty Office, Student Services, used for various purposes, including degree verification, confirmation of enrolment and/or academic standing, ranking letters for professional schools and teacher qualification letters.
Statement letters may be ordered through Student Services by filling out the form and submitting it by email or dropping it off in person (main floor, Dunning Hall). Payment must be received before the letter has been produced. Payment may be made online using the "Pay Now" button on the Statement Letter Form or using the link at the bottom of this section.
Statement letters are considered confidential documents and therefore cannot be ordered or released to anyone but the student unless authorized by the student to do so. Once we receive the request the processing time is 5 to 10 business days.
Standard Statement Letters cost $12 and the following are available to request:
- Certification of degree requirements.
- Confirmation of academic standing.
- Dean's certification form and/or letter (Comparative ranking standard for BAH; BSCH for professional schools). Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario (Teacher qualification services).
- Other administrative services (such as mid-year grades, plans to return, etc).
Specialized Statement Letters
There are times when a normal statement letter is insufficient to address a current student or graduate’s needs. These types of letters are complex and require significant time and research to complete, such as a list of scanned archived course descriptions or a breakdown of learning hours.
These letters cost $50 and we require 3 weeks to process them.
Information or Verification that can be Obtained from Other Sources
Your transcript obtained through SOLUS will provide course titles, term lengths, grades received and the date courses were taken.
Academic Calendars may be searched by year (dating back to 2008-2009) to look up:
- course descriptions
- general and specific program requirements
- grading scales/systems
- rules and regulations
Request a Statement Letter using this form.