The following shall be the standing committees of the Faculty of Arts and Science (see ByLaw 1, Article 30):
- Committee of Departments (all meetings will be in-person at 2pm EST)
|Submit items for Agenda by:||Committee of Departments Meetings||Location|
|September 7, 2023||September 15, 2023||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|October 26, 2023||November 3, 2023||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|November 16, 2023||November 24, 2023||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|December 7, 2023||December 15, 2023||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|January 4, 2024||January 12, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|February 1, 2024||February 9, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|February 29, 2024||March 8, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|April 4, 2024||April 12, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|May 2, 2024||May 10, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
|June 6, 2024||June 14, 2024||Robert Sutherland Room 554|
Please submit agenda items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Board of Studies
- The Board of Studies is the final appeal in the Faculty of Arts and Science for students' appeals of incomplete grades, final grades, requirements to withdraw and other decisions determined by the Associate Dean (Academic).
- The Board membership consists of
- three students
- nine faculty members from a cross-section of Arts and Science departments
- All Board hearings shall be heard by four members, one of whom in normally a student. Members who are close to the case, or for other reasons need to declare a conflict of interest, will not be in attendance.
- a secretary to the Board and
- an informational officer from the Arts and Science Student Services Office.
- The Associate Dean (Academic) is not a member of the Board but will attend when a student chooses to appear before the Board. The Associate Dean (Academic) is there to clarify specific aspects of his or her decision and to speak to the larger context of the decision within the Faculty of Arts and Science policies, regulations and practices.
- Procedures Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Health and Saftey Committee
- Queen's University is committed to the prevention of illness and injury through the provision and maintenance of a healthy and safe campus. The University endeavours to meet its responsibilities for the health and safety of the members of its community by complying with relevant health and safety standards and legislative requirements, and by assigning general and specific responsibilities for workplace health and safety. Click here for more information about Health and Safety in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- Academic Integrity and Conduct Panel
- Academic Orientation Committee
- Awards Committee
Committee Members will be presented for vote at the September Faculty Board meeting.