Have a question about your academics? Use our resources and online tools or connect with an academic advisor.
We are here to support your academic journey in Arts and Science. Browse our various online tools below and, if you still have questions, connect with one of our academic advisors to have your questions answered.
Where to Start
There is a wealth of information on our website, and we encourage you to see if your questions can be answered through the resources provided here. You can search for key words using the magnifying-glass search function, or visit these pages for help:
- First-Year Registration Guide
- Course Enrolment
- Degree Quick Check
- Course Planning & Options
- Academic Calendar
- Leaving and Returning to Studies
- "To Drop or Not To Drop" - Video with advice on dropping or altering courses
- Upcoming Academic Dates and Deadlines
- Graduation Information
If You Still Have Questions
Academic Advising for First-Year Students
Connect with a PASS advisor
- Email advising: Students in their first year of study in Arts and Science are welcome to email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, student number, and the degree program that you’ve been admitted to.
- Daily drop-in advising via Zoom: Wednesday, December 5 is the last day for Fall term PASS advising! Advisors will return for PASS drop-in meetings again on the first day of Winter term classes, Monday, January 8, 2024.
Academic Advising for Upper-Year Students
- Call a student resource assistant at 613-533-2470 for general questions.
- Email the academic advising team at email@example.com.
- Use the Degree Quick Check Form to receive your degree requirements by email.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your questions in one of our drop-in advising sessions. For the month of December, advising is available on weekday afternoons from 1:30-3:00 Eastern Time.
How does Zoom drop-in advising work?
We will open the Zoom meeting at the scheduled times noted above. Once you click on the link you will remain in the wait room (our virtual queue) until your turn. We will see students one at a time on a first-come, first-served basis. You are welcome to work while you wait, but keep your meeting screen open so you are aware when it’s your turn. Please be prepared in advance with your questions, so we can help as many students as possible.
* Please note that students are required to sign into their Queen’s email address when joining our Zoom meetings. You will need to click the key icon labelled “SSO”, make sure the domain is set to “queensu”, and enter your email address without “.ca” as well as your netID password. For assistance, please follow the SSO tutorial here. If you are still having difficulties logging on after following the tutorial, please contact ITS at 613-533-6666 during Drop-In hours for assistance.
If you are a prospective student without a Queen’s email account, please email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.