Have a question about your academics? Use our resources and online tools or connect with an academic advisor.
We are here to support your academic journey in Arts and Science. Browse our various online tools below and, if you still have questions, connect with one of our academic advisors to have your questions answered.
Resources for First-Year Students
These resources are for on-campus students only.
- First-Year Registration Guide - provides information, resources, and FAQs for registration
- First-Year Students webpage – includes information about courses and plan selection, webinars, and other resources.
- Plan Selection – information about selecting your plan.
- Major Maps and MyMajorMap tool - major-specific advice on academics, extra-curriculars, networking, international opportunities, and career development all in one place.
- First Year Check in Webinar - learn what you should be doing and thinking about in the winter term to ensure academic success in first year
PASS Advising for First-Year Students
Peer Academic Support Service (PASS) is an academic advising service designed specifically to assist first-year students in their transition into university and to promote academic success. The PASS team is made up of upper-year student volunteers, and regardless of their own area of study, all Peer Advisors are trained to address questions concerning any program within the Faculty of Arts and Science. Please note: PASS advising is only available to on-campus students in their first year of study in Arts and Science.
Connect with a PASS Advisor for help with:
- Navigating SOLUS
- Adding/dropping courses
- Using the Arts and Science Academic Calendar
- Understanding academic policies and deadlines
- Choosing degree programs, plans, and courses
- Summer term studies
- Referrals to other Queen’s resources and support services
Connect with a PASS advisor
From May 15th - June 2nd, PASS will be operating through the first year hotline only. Any First Year Student who needs to speak with the PASS Team can call 613-533-6708 between 9am - 4pm to speak with a member of our PASS Team.
We encourage you to plan out your questions and do any preliminary research beforehand so that you’re well-prepared to make the most out of your advising conversation. Expect your meeting with a PASS Peer Advisor to take about 15-20 minutes, but of course if you just have a quick question or two, that’s fine as well.
You can also email your questions to email@example.com to receive a written reply from a PASS advisor.