Peer Academic Support Service (PASS) is an academic advising service designed specifically to assist first-year students in their transition into university and to promote academic success. The PASS team is made up of upper-year student volunteers, and regardless of their own area of study, all Peer Advisors are trained to address questions concerning any program within the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Please note: PASS advising is only available to students in their first year of study in Arts and Science.
Connect with a PASS Advisor for help with:
- Navigating SOLUS
- Adding/dropping courses
- Using the Arts and Science Academic Calendar
- Understanding academic policies and deadlines
- Choosing degree programs, plans, and courses
- Summer term studies
- Referrals to other Queen’s resources and support services
Connect with a PASS advisor
- Email advising: Students in their first year of study in Arts and Science are welcome to email questions to email@example.com. Please include your full name, student number, and the degree program that you’ve been admitted to.
Daily drop-in advising via Zoom: Come have a 10-minute, one-on-one conversation with a PASS advisor. Join the Zoom session any weekday between 9:00 am-4:00 pm Eastern Time.
Please note that students are now required to sign into their Queen’s email address when joining our Zoom meetings. You will need to click the key icon labelled “SSO” and enter your email address without “.ca” as well as your netID password.
Having trouble logging on to your Queen's Zoom account? Use this helpful step-by-step tutorial from Queen's ITS.