University Registrar


University Registrar

site header

During January and February 2022, all client services are available online.  Please visit our information page for links to our eServices.

Registering with SOLUS:

Registration for Graduate Students


If you are a new or returning graduate student, please review the information below about registration, fee payments and UHIP.


All graduate departments are currently working with the Office of the University Registrar to register you in courses. You do not need to go on SOLUS to enrol in your graduate courses. If you have any questions about what courses you will be enrolled in, please go directly to your graduate department for clarification. You should be able to view your course registration on SOLUS by mid August.

Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PPL)

The Pre-Authorized Payment (PPL) Plan is a program open to graduate students.

Each Academic Year, you must self-enroll on SOLUS in a payment plan for that academic year if you wish to participate. For example, if you participated in 2016-2017, you will NOT be enrolled automatically in the 2017-2018 plan. You may self-enroll on SOLUS in the Fall / Winter payment plan beginning July 1st to September 20.

Payments are withdrawn on the 5th day of each month. Fall and winter terms are withdrawn October through April. Summer withdrawals are June to August. There are no withdrawals in the months of September and May. Use the link below to go to detailed information on how the PPL Plan works, as well as how to enroll.
Click here to learn more about the PPL.

Click here to learn more about the PPL.

Required for International / Other students

University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP):

All international students registered at Queen’s University and residing in Ontario during their period of study are required to enroll in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) – participation is mandatory for both the student and their dependants residing in Ontario. 

Please visit this website for more information:​