What is WebPublish?
WebPublish is Queen's centrally-supported content management system (CMS) for creating websites. It is a comprehensive solution for building and maintaining websites that are available to the public on the world wide web.
Why use WebPublish?
- It's a free service.
- It supports the university's goals of creating a unified and branded user experience across Queen's online presence.
- WebPublish makes it easy to keep the Queen's "look and feel" while still creating a site that is unique.
- Built-in styles and templates offer many layout options while maintaining a clean and professional look.
- It's flexible. There are four tiers of service to choose from, depending on your needs and resources. No web developer skills are required to use the "Basic" and "Academia" service tiers. Customization by web developers is enabled in the "Custom" and "Advanced" service tiers.
- Dedicated IT Services staff are available to answer support questions.
- Documentation specific to the Queen's environment is provided.
- The WebPublish CMS is compliant with visual identity, accessibility, privacy, and security requirements.
Who can use WebPublish?
- any academic faculty, school, department, or program
- research groups and labs
- campus service units
- some departmental and interdepartmental initiatives
- individual faculty members for professional profiles
- student groups and associations with a full-time faculty or staff sponsor
The usage guidelines outline your roles and responsibilities for maintaining Queen's-affiliated web content.Get to know the WebPublish usage guidelines
Curious about what's coming next for WebPublish? Visit our Release Notes page to see the most recent updates to the tool.Check the latest release notes
University-wide emergency messaging is automatically displayed on every WebPublish site.More about emergency messaging
There is a new Queen's committee that provides oversight for the university’s public websites.Learn more about the new committee